Gratitude - Day 25

"Sully and I both believe that gratitude is a two-way street
and we do our best to give back the outpouring
of support and gratitude we have been so fortunate to receive.
Lorrie Sullenberter
(wife of US Air Flt. #1549 pilot, Sully Sullenberger)*

Today I'm grateful for rain. It's been dreary and overcast for two days. Today if finally rained. Not a gully-washer but enough to have to use the windshield wipers.

I'm also grateful for canned pumpkin, an apple-peeling Sweetie, and an oven that I don't have to tend by throwing logs on the fire. Looking at the mess I made after making 3 pies and 4 loaves of pumpkin bread, I think I am also pretty thankful for an automated dishwasher. I'm not a clean as you go kind of cook. When I've finished a big baking project the kitchen pretty much looks like a flour bomb exploded in the middle of the room.

I'm grateful I am not cooking Thanksgiving dinner. That job is going to my sister this year. All I have to do is show up with a pie and smile! The pie is made so I've got plenty of time to work on the smile!

On another note, I have a confession to make. After that post yesterday about mom jeans and comfort and Tim Gunn being a nunu- head, I pulled out my oldest pair of jean today and took my dad to the doctor, not thinking, or caring how I looked. The zipper worked, the denim was well faded, thus soft and there was room for my thighs to stretch out. Comfort was the name of the game.

Sitting in the waiting room I took note of the stains all up and down one leg. Then while sitting at a red light, I realized I could pull up a whole handful of denim at my thighs and still have room for the comfort I was declaring. Hmmm???? Had I gone beyond the comfort stage to the dowdy, what-was-she-thinking stage. I felt almost compelled to step into the 3-way mirror and fuss at myself.

Alas, I think Gunn and Oprah might be on to something. Comfort doesn't have to mean sloppy. Not that there is anything wrong with sloppy, but it's more of an indoor look, don't you think?

To my dear Firebyrd: Girlfriend, if I could afford cashmere sweaters I'd trade in all my comfy old sweatshirts. Alas, that isn't going to happen. But I'm glad you can step out in style.

Tonight I wish for you a kitchen that smells like cinnamon and ginger and a pie to share with someone you love,
Merry ME


* "Forever Grateful", Woman's Day, November 17, 2009, pg. 44

Comments

Fire Byrd said…
Happy Thanksgiving from way over here.
And thank you for sending me a You Rock thing. But if I put it on the fridge I'll not see it as the fridge is behind a cupboard door LOL. So I can add that to my list of worries about where to put it!
(joking!) As I'm feeling much better today and definately hugged from around the world.
xx
Sorrow said…
happy thanksgiving ME!
thinking of you!
((((HUGS)))))

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review