Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy;
They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
Today I'm grateful for little things. I had a fun conversation with Weneki until my cell phone decided to die on me. Even though I really feel like throwing the damn thing in the swimming pool and watching it float to the bottom, in the spirit of gratitude I'm glad to have been able to talk to her as long as I did. She had a few delightful stories to tell me, one of which made me laugh right out loud. And made me remember when she was eight years old. Those were the days my friend .....
Smiling, in my book, is one of the ways my heart says thank you. Here's a list, in no special order, of some of the things that made me smile today:
- duck holding
- movie watching
- nose honking & pacifier stealing
- 1st rate hotels with remote control curtains
- buying all the equipment to make T-shirts then changing your mind
- house cleaning (not the act of but the end result!)
- the smell of roses (even though I'm pretty sure it's a spray and not the real thing)
- hearing about Grumpy Gertie running in the rain then rewarding herself with one of the biggest cinnamon rolls I've ever seen
- my new old lady duster
- dad telling me he'll make some bean soup
- dad telling me he'll go to the grocery store with me in order to get the right kind of pinto beans (Good thing, cause I didn't know there was a variety to choose from. I thought pinto is pinto.)
- taking my neighbor to the urgent care doctor and not having to worry about dinner because Sweetie was in control
- hearing the happy in my daughter's voice
- finding the lavender sachet had burst inside my pillow case (it looked and smelled like a lavender bomb had exploded!)
- crawling into a bed with fresh, clean linens and reading my book
- this picture!
Wishing for you something to smile about even when the world seems to have gone berserk.