Gratitude - Day 9



I don't think it's enough to just say "God Bless America."
We must say "God Bless the World."
Marianne Williamson


I grew up hearing about the Berlin Wall. But since it wasn't exactly in my back yard, I didn't pay much attention to it. It seems like every history class I took in school ran out of time towards the end of the year so I didn't study too much post WWII history. I'm embarrassed to say I don't really know why it went up or why it went down. I do know that Germany and the world are better for it.
The rock in the photo above is my piece of the rock. A friend, who is much more politically motivated than I, made a pilgrimage to Berlin and I was lucky enough to get one of the souvenirs.
Today I'm grateful for the people who work(ed) together to make changes in this troubled world.
Perhaps one day there will be no need for walls to separate people and ideologies.
My wish for you on this historic anniversary is that you will find the courage to knock down the walls that keep you from living your dreams,
Merry ME

Comments

Sorrow said…
~smile~
I often wish my Grandfather had lived to see the wall fall. It would have made him so happy...

Popular posts from this blog

An Easter Miracle

Holy Moly

Book Review